This is a generic step-by-step, one-page guide to Galicaster 1.2.0.
- Download the driver for 64 bits architecture and kernel 3.2.0-24 or newer from this link
- Hauppauge driver is included Ubuntu 12.04
- Blackmagic cards
- Latest driver (9.6.9) is available at this link. It contains a DEB package.
- Blackmagic gstreamer plugin is included on the gstreamer dependencies installed above.
- NCast cards
- Driver for 3.x kernels is available at this address.
Configure your udev rules as in previous releases.
- Consult the device internal names
- Create the file /etc/udev/rules.d/galicaster.rules with a variation of the following lines.
- Download the package.
- Unpackage it and place the folder in an area where you have permissions to run applications. Change the folder name if you want to.
- Place the conf.ini example in the designated folder.
- Download the profiles you want to try and copy them in profiles/. Modify the values to adapt them to your scenario.
- VGA capturing
- VGA and Sound capturing
- Webcam and sound
- The webcam device is set to /dev/video0, where webcams are usually found. Change it if necessary.
- Hauppauge ( PAL / NTSC ) and VGA
- Sound synch'ed and recorded through the Hauppauge card.
- Blackmagic (with sound incorporated)
- Run Galicaster with ./run_galicaster.py. It will start with mock devices (bars, static and noise).
Mediapackages are compatible with both versions but we have included new information concerning the status of the operations. Thus, only one file needs to be modified, the others will remain unaltered.
To do so:
- The script is at docs/scripts/migrate_repository.py
- Copy it to your Galicaster 1.2 directory,
- Configure Galicaster to point to the repository you want to migrate to. basic>repository=/home/folder/example
- Optional: Backup your file.
- Run it on a terminal:
- Copy docs/autostart/galicaster.svg to /usr/share/icons.
- Copy docs/autostart/galicaster.destktop to usr/share/applications.
- Pulse Meta(Win key), type Galicaster and drag the GC icon to the desktop.
- If the GC logo does not show, right-click on the file, go to Properties, choose the 'Permissions' tab and check 'Allow executing file as a program'.
- Resize it by right-clicking on the launcher, go to Resize Icon... .
To make Galicaster start automatically at the system boot, do the following:
- Copy docs/autostart/galicaster.desktop to ~/.config/autostart.
Depending on when or how you want to ingest the mediapackages set the manual and scheduled properties to none / immediately / nightly.