- Features and improvements
- New Documentation – under construction
- Device Scripts for a profile
- Encoders and muxers
- New bin: RTP
- How to use Custom bin
- Updated REST plugin
- Comment on metadata treatment
The following list includes the most important improvements on this new release. During the release candidate testing process we will be updating the documentation both in the code (at docs/) and in this wiki regarding these changes. Anyway, use the usual channels for any questions or suggestion - email, github, community.
- Support RTP network sources, such as Axis cameras (mpeg4 and h264)
- Custom Bin - for define new sources with Gstreamer syntax
- External scripts for configuring devices
- Configurable encoders and muxes.
- Close session and shutwdown option.
- Ruled Vu-meter
- Configurable Side-by-side layout
- Pop-ups decoration
- Configurable resolution
- Configurable logger - location, syslog, rotation ...
- Recover missed scheduled on startup
- Screensaver control for Ubuntu 12.04
- No_audio_dialog renewed
- Save crashed recordings on restart
New documentation has been included on the code (docs/ folder) as well as in this wiki. This documentation is both partial and provisional but is already useful. Following the release process we will be updating it.
- [Galicaster:V4l2 device plugin]
- [Galicaster:Pulse device plugin]
- [Galicaster:Epiphan device plugin]
- [Galicaster:Datapath device plugin]
- [Galicaster:Hauppauge device plugin]
- [Galicaster:Blackmagic device plugin]
- [Galicaster:Firewire device plugin]
- [Galicaster:RTP device plugin]
- [Galicaster:Custom device plugin]
[Capture card table]
From 1.3 every profile can establish a configuration script. The script will be executed before the profile is loaded.
Usually a script will configure a certain device but it could include any other task.
To specify the script to be executed include is full path on the profile data section
Configure a Logitech c920 to a power line frequency of 50Hz
Most of the device plugins of Galicaster are now able to configure the encoder and muxer where the data will be stored.
- Hauppauge can't define the encoder nor the muxer.
- RTP only allows to define the muxer
Parameters and examples:
- x264enc quantizer=22 speed-preset=2 profile=1
- xvidenc bitrate=50000000
- ffenc_mpeg2video quantizer=4 gop-size=1 bitrate=10000000
- lamemp3enc target=1 bitrate=192 cbr=true
Note: Pulse parameter is encoder not audioencoder, this denomination will be modified for the next RC.
To know more of the paramaters of each muxer and encoder consult the Gstreamer documentation. Consult us for instructions to configure your custom encoder and muxer.
The REST endpoint plugin for Galicaster is a module to provide an experimental endpoint interface to access some parameters and features of Galicaster.
If activated, the REST plugin will response in the 0.0.0.0 localhost address through the 8080 port.
Current endpoints include:
- /state : show some state values,
- /repository : list mp keys ,
- /repository/:id : get mp manifest (XML)
- /metadata/:id : get mp metadata (JSON)
- /start : starts a manual recording
- /stop : stops current recording
- /operation/ingest/:id : Ingest MP
- /operation/sidebyside/:id : Export MP to side-by-side
- /operation/exporttozip/:id : Export MP to zip
- /screen : get a screenshoot of the active